As well as writing books, I am a copywriter, science writer and occasional book and theatre reviewer. I am available at ASBW rates
My journalism experience includes:
- A review of Sounds and Furies for the Spectator
- Some work for the lovely people at Wired
- A piece on Philip Pullman’s vocabulary for The Guardian
- An article on the benefits of swearing for the RSA Journal (Issue 1, 2017)
- Regular articles on Forbes about the future of business.
- Over 30 articles and features for the Financial Times (free subscription required).
- A no-holds-barred piece for LitHub
- Several pieces for Global Business Magazine including a cover feature on social networking, two cover articles on the EU and a feature on depression in the workplace.
- An expert’s view piece for eHealth Insider
My copywriting experience includes work for hire for a number of startups in the medical and financial technology fields.
My science communication activities include work that has been featured on BBC’s Horizon programme, BBC Radio 5 and a number of outlets including the Melbourne Age and the New Scientist.
I am a recipient of a British Science Association Media Fellowship (2008) .
You can see a portfolio of my work here.